Software Developer, NoMuda
Role and Person Specification
Our software product, VisualFactory is a web-based manufacturing system used by many companies, large and small, around the world. Our customers are major manufacturing organisations including Volvo, Saab, Mercedes-Benz and Terex. The system can be deployed on premise or on the cloud. The software is used to provide detailed manufacturing instructions and collect manufacturing data.
The successful candidate will work as part of a friendly, expert team as a Software Developer.
For the duration of your probation period, you will develop our in-house customer management and support system. This will serve as valuable experience as you become familiar with our technologies, tools and processes, preparing you for development on our VisualFactory product upon successful probation.
You will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for both new software features and bug fixes. You will also have opportunities to research and implement new cutting edge technologies as we strive to keep our product at the forefront of manufacturing and software excellence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new features and fix bugs primarily using Angular, C# and SQL
- Maintain your own, and contribute to the team’s knowledge base by
- engaging in code reviews with peers
- keeping yourself informed of latest advances in technology / techniques
- taking responsibility for your own development and learning whilst also sharing your valuable knowledge with the team
- Write code independently whilst working with other team members who have a common goal
- Work as part of the team but be able to work independently using your own initiative when required
- Participate in technical discussions and decisions
- Professional, positive, confident and flexible approach to work
- Ability to critically evaluate own work against a given specification
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to quickly learn new skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to challenge your own and others’ practice appropriately
- Ability to present information and summarise technical concepts to others less technically skilled
- Driving licence and car (due to the remote countryside location of our office)
- Willingness to travel to customer sites across the UK (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills Specification