Customer Technical Support, NoMuda
Role and Person Specification
We are a UK-based software development company that produces VisualFactory, a lean manufacturing execution system for all types of industries. We work closely with our customers and their shop floors to provide a simple, standardized approach to high variety, highly complex assemblies.
The successful candidate will work as part of a friendly, expert team in a Customer Technical Support role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and curious employee to support our customers' technical requirements. Our projects require learning about our customers' industry and manufacturing styles, followed by designing and implementing a suitable software configuration for their needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Your duties will include the installation, configuration and maintenance of our software and associated hardware (remote, virtual or cloud servers).
- You will be responsible for database backups, maintenance, indexing, failover and disaster recovery for our cloud servers. There may also be the opportunity to integrate with 3rd party tools such as Active Directory, Azure Translator and Twilio.
- You will be required to learn our product and address Helpdesk tickets as they come in.
- There will be the opportunity to grow into a product specialist and trainer or technical support specialist.
- Professional, positive, confident and flexible approach to work
- Ability to quickly learn new skills
- Self-motivated and willing to work with the team
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to articulate oneself to fully understand a problem and to clearly express the proposed solutions
- Logical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Driving licence and car (due to the remote countryside location of our office)
Knowledge and Skills Specification